By Timothy J. Stapleton
This paintings bargains the 1st one-volume accomplished army background of contemporary South Africa.
• A entire chronology overviews South African army background with specific emphasis at the final 2 hundred years
• Maps are incorporated with each one chapter
Read Online or Download A Military History of South Africa: From the Dutch-Khoi Wars to the End of Apartheid (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar african history books
In a compelling mixture of literary narrative and ethnography, anthropologist Alma Gottlieb and author Philip Graham proceed the lengthy trip of cultural engagement with the Beng humans of Côte d’Ivoire that they first stated of their award-winning memoir Parallel Worlds. Their dedication over the span of numerous many years has lent them an extraordinary perception.
What's the that means of blackness in Africa? whereas a lot has been written on Africa’s complicated ethnic and tribal relationships, Jemima Pierre’s groundbreaking The obstacle of Blackness is the 1st publication to take on the query of race in West Africa via its postcolonial manifestations. tough the view of the African continent as a nonracialized space—as a hard and fast historical resource for the African diaspora—she envisions Africa, and specifically the state of Ghana, as a spot whose neighborhood relationships are deeply educated by way of worldwide constructions of race, economics, and politics.
Within the mid-1970s, the chilly battle had frozen right into a nuclear stalemate in Europe and retreated from the headlines in Asia. As Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter fought for the presidency in past due 1976, the superpower fight out of the country appeared to take a backseat to extra contentious household problems with race family and emerging unemployment.
In November 1942, as part of Operation Torch, 33,000 American squaddies sailed undetected around the Atlantic and stormed the seashores of French Morocco. Seventy-four hours later, the americans managed the rustic and essentially the most worthwhile wartime ports: Casablanca. within the years previous, Casablanca had developed from an unique shuttle vacation spot to a key army goal after France's give up to Germany.
- The Forgotten Diaspora
- France and the Algerian War, 1954-1962: Strategy, Operations and Diplomacy
- Sorcery in the Black Atlantic
- White Shaka Boy: A Brooklyn Boy Discovers His Royal African Heritage
- Djibouti in Perspective - Orientation Guide and Cultural Orientation: Geography, History, Economy, Religion, Customs, Ali Sabieh, Dikhil, Tadjoura, Obock, French Somaliland, Ismail Omar Guelleh Era
- Africana Faith: A Religious History of the African American Crusade in Islam
Additional resources for A Military History of South Africa: From the Dutch-Khoi Wars to the End of Apartheid (Praeger Security International)
A Military History of South Africa: From the Dutch-Khoi Wars to the End of Apartheid (Praeger Security International) by Timothy J. Stapleton